Thursday, April 26, 2012

Two Oceans in Cape Town

This Easter saw me in Cape Town at the Two Oceans Marathon. Entries for the half ran out very quickly so I had to settle for the Trail Run. I had heard from several technical runners that the 22km is one of the toughest races so I signed up for the 10km instead.

Unfortunately the 10km Trail Run was literally a walk in the park. It was good for sparing my ITBS-stricken knee but not much of challenge. At least not enough of a challenge to justify two flights, 2000 miles and 4 days off work.

I had been warned that trail running times are usually double the road running times. So you can imagine my surprise when I completed the 10km trail in 1 hour 13 minutes. My usual 10km time is about 50minutes so I was nowhere near double my road running time.Next year I am signing up for the 22km trail which should satisfy the adrenalin-junkie inside me. If that fails then I will have to go cage diving with the sharks or surfing!

My focus now is the Victoria Falls Marathon.

The 10km Two Oceans Trail is a race for beginner runners period - trail or otherwise. It is a beautiful location for a run despite the unpredictable weather. It is worth adding to your running calendar if you are in the southern hemisphere around Easter. If you are still not convinced that it's the Worlds Most Beautiful Marathon here are some happy snaps below

 

View from the Table Mountain Cable way



On the tour bus - near Hout Bay


Camps bay 1

Camps Bay 2
 

1 comment:

  1. I'm enjoying your fitness posts and these views are AMAZING! :)

    ReplyDelete